Cal Barbut is surrounded by charming mountain villages, certainly worth a visit. We will be happy to help with further information on specific activities and festivals in the area.
- Gósol, ancient stone village, beautiful countryside. Marked day on Thursdays. (20 km, 30 min. by car).
- Castellar den N’Hug, montain village, old renovated stone houses, magnificently situated on the rocky mountain side (35 km, 40 min. by car).
- La Pobla de Lillet, picturesque village with ancient bridges and Romanesque churches. Also the home of Jardín Artigas, a garden drawn by Gaudí. Market day on Saturdays. (25 km, 25 min. by car).
- Berga, the major town of the area of Bergueda. Marked day on Saturdays. Frequent festivals and activities. (18 km, 25 min. by car) Cardona, old market town and center of salt production. Visit the salt mountain, the old salt mine. The city’s landmark is the castle raised above the city, an old castle which is now the Parador (hotel). In addition,
- Cardona is home to several festivals. Salt festival (of course), but also for the city’s saint. Bulls will run through the city streets to the bullfighting arena. Market day Sunday. (60 km, 1 hour)
- Montserrat. The monastery and church with the black Madonna Montserrat. The mountain has distinctive rocks formations. The church has a famous boys’ choir and the church’s museum has wonderful cultural treasures. (70 km, 1 hour)
- Andorra. Independent state between France and Spain. Curious political structure with two co-rulers namely the Bishop of Urgell (Catalonia) and the president of France. However, the structure today is only symbolic. Tax free and therefore many shops. (100 km, 1½ hours)